Monday, January 24, 2011

It's been a long time..

I know I haven't blogged in awhile.. I don't really have a good enough excuse to be honest, so I have decided that I'm going to be completely commited to blogging regularly from now on :)

Last week was easily the best week of the year so far (not 2011 you understand, the school year). On Tuesday, 18th January, Jess, Sarah, Niamh P and myself went to DCU to run in the cross country race. It was a 2km race and I finished it at least! Niamh was injured but she soldiered on and the senior team placed as a result! Fair play to her :D

Then on Thursday two teams of  TY's went to St. Mark's in Tallaght to compete in a tag rugby blitz, it was the best day of TY, I would tell any third year to apply for TY just so they could play tag rugby!! It was so much fun even though I fell and highly embarrassed myself in the first match.. We had two teams; a red one and a blue one.. Go on the blues hahah! The red team were amazing, they won every match!! We all got a t-shirt and a bag too :)




Hopefully we can start a tag rugby team in school and continue showing our talents.. HAHAHAAH!



On the Friday, the 21st, TY's went to the Young Scientist. I personally love the YS, and look forward to going every year outside school.. Partially because of the free things, I'm not going to lie :P ... Aoife Steph and Kate were competing. I would tell you about their project but it's far too compicated for me to explain and if I try I will do it no justice.. They won a highly commended award which was well deserved and earned, they put so much work into it! It's safe to say that we all had a deadly day and all found some freebies floating 'round. I think i came home with two t-shirts, a highlighter and a  good few pens :D :D Also, the bouncy ball is always a classic..

Overall it was an unreal week and may many more follow!

  Rebekah :D

No comments:

Post a Comment